Friday, May 7, 2010

MOMS Club

I went to a membership meeting for MOMS (Mothers Offering Mothers Support) Club of Huntington Beach South this morning. There is a Club group for just about every city. Since my little one gets bored easily (and by bored I mean cries after 2 minutes of anything, especially being in the house too long) this sounded like a great idea.

The groups meet weekly according to the child's age. For example, the group I would go to would be the 0-2 year olds which meet on Tuesday at a group member's home. They also have monthly meeting in the park which is what I went to today. There were about 12 moms and 20 or so kids. They had a craft table, snacks, and a raffle. There are also various other activities the Club members can partake in such as going to museums, movies, and dinner. They even have a service day where they give something back to the community.

I highly recommend any mother out there to get involved in their local MOMS Club if they have the opportunity. We moms need all the support we can get!

Here's the website if you're interested: http://www.momsclub.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment